Monday, July 18, 2016

Wondrous and Miraculous ways of God...



It's hard for me to put into words the emotions I felt since I got the call at five in the morning to the news that our house in Taylorsville was involved in an active fire.

Fast alseep, being woken by the sound of my ringing phone...see who it is, I don't know the number. They call again, not a good sign, okay, I better investigate who called. I see that is the Unified Police, alarms are going off in my head...one of our children in an accident or worse. I better call back and see what's up. Dispatch looks up my name, and he aks me if we are at 5218 S. Huntington in Taylorsville there is an active fire and they need to know if they need to break in and help us.I was shaken by the news as  I told him we have moved and I didn't know if anyone was in the house. He thanked me for calling and we ended our conversation.
I was grateful it wasn't one of my children hurt, but I was still reeling from the news that our last home had caught fire.

Going back to sleep was a bit elusive for a while, I kept praying to God, "please don't let the family that bought that home be hurt." over and over...I finally dozed back to a restless sleep. But once it was time for my alarm to go off, I was up and out the door to the Taylorsville house. I had to see for myself if anyone had been injured, I had to see the house we had made our home for five years.

The smell of smoke still lingering in the air, black, charred remains of our neighbors house and the damage to the house we called home was a shock to me. I don't think I was ready to see it that way. The bedrooms upstairs, what was once Lee's office and our food storage room were all in shambles.

I can see the blue sky from the bedroom where a wall used to be, where our bed used to be and our grandchildren used to jump on was covered in a mess from the fire that raged that morning and almost took someone else's first home.

The crumbled, twisted metal and the blackened plants, the house we once called home and carry precious memories is a reminder to me that the Lord works in wondrous and miraculous ways.

I am beyond grateful today! Grateful that no one was hurt. The new owners to the Taylorsville house were not completely moved in. Lee and I were fortunate to meet them this morning, I can't begin to express how grateful I am for the prayers that were answered on their behalf. I am grateful for our new home, and that we were not sleeping in the room that caught fire. I am grateful for miracles, I truly believe it was a miracle that no one was seriously hurt. I am grateful the Lord saw what was coming and led us to new home, a new adventure. I didn't see all this as we were moving, I just saw and felt the stress of not knowing where we would end up. I can't find the words to express how incredibly blessed I feel, not just for me and my family, but for the Newlyweds starting their lives in their new home.

























No comments: