Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Happy Birthday Juanita

Happy Birthday to my first born...



The other night Lee and I were watching some movie, I can't remember the title off hand, but the woman was in labor getting ready to welcome her baby in to the world for the first time. She states, "I'm not ready, I can't do this." I turn to Lee and tell him what I said to the nurse when I was getting ready to have my first born, Juanita. "I can't do this, I'm not ready, I've changed my mind, I just want to go home, can I go home now." The nurse kindly takes my hand and says to me, "Sorry sweetheart, but it's too late for that.Now it's time to push and have your baby." Now take in to account that I am a fifteen year old girl pretty much alone, my younger sister waiting in the waiting room for me. I was scared out of my mind...

But once I held my daughter in my arms and just looked at her like she was this precious, most amazing thing in the world, my heart was overwhelmed with love for someone I had just met. I felt at peace, like everything was right with the world.

Today marks 36 years later. Juanita has been an incredible inspiration to some, but to me she is amazing! She has been through a lot for someone so young. But she has seen some of lifes challenges with courage and has an awesome family. So proud of the woman, mom, wife, artist, friend, sister, and daughter that she is.

Happy Birthday my darling daughter! Love you,

Mom










No comments: